Sergio Cabañas Mier is member of Guerra González y Asociados S.C. since 2000. He became Junior Partner in 2008 and Partner in 2009.
He has legal experience since 1999 specializing in litigation in Civil, Administrative and Commercial matters, as well as in Insolvency and Restructuring Proceedings, Constitutional Proceedings and Alternative Dispute Resolutions.
Insurance Law List.- The most relevant directory about the best law firms worldwide who have proven deep experience in the insurance industry.
Co-Author in 2015 of the Latin-America Guide México, Dispute Resolution-Litigation Overview, published by Chambers & Partners.
Co-Author in 2012 of the Q&A Annual Review: Bankruptcy & Restructuring published by Financer Worldwide.
Sergio Cabañas Mier received his “B.A. in Law” with Honors from “Universidad la Salle” in 2003.
· Helsinki, Finland (2012). “18th Annual Global Insolvency and Restructuring Conference Sink or Swim: Can We Survive Floating in a Sea of Red Ink?”
· Rome, Italy (2010). “Tenth Annual International Insolvency Conference”
· Mexico City, Mexico (2010). “INSOL International Mexico City One Day Seminar”
· Mexico City, Mexico (2007). “1st National Insolvency Law Conference”
· New York City, USA (2006). “Sixth Anniversary Conference of the International Insolvency Institute”
· Mexico City, Mexico (2006). “II National Insolvency Conference”, conference in which Guerra González y Asociados S.C. was sponsor
· New York City, USA (2005). “Fifth Anniversary Conference of the International Insolvency Institute“, in which Guerra González y Asociados, S.C. participated as member of the “International Litigation Panel”. The firm hosted the lecture entitled; “The World´s Most Important Current International Insolvency Cases. Mexico: Altos Hornos de México, S.A. de C.V. (AHMSA), Grupo Acerero del Norte, S.A. de C.V. (GAN)”